BloggerKenya is determined to safeguarding your privacy. Reach us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, disclose, and protect information about you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – BloggerKenya
- Identifiers – real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial Information – including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories of tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this definition of Personal Information, to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Personal Information does not include publicly available information lawfully made available from government records or information that is identified or aggregated.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided to us.
Blogger Kenya may obtain the following types of information from you or concerning your computer or device (“Information”), which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- Email address
- Telephone(or mobile) number(s)
- Blog or website URL
- Social networking handle or username
- Activities or content viewed on BloggerKenya.
In certain cases, we may request that you provide some of the Information identified above in order to obtain specific products or services (such as registering for the Advanced Marketing Program.If you choose not to provide the Information we request, you may still use BloggerKenya.co.ke, but you may be unable to access certain features or services.
When you register to receive any products or services from BloggerKenya or provide information to BloggerKenya in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information.
Information from our partners
If you choose to use any third party website or service that is integrated with BloggerKenya including a third party social networking or blogging site, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or WordPress (“Third Party Websites”) – or if you use any BloggerKenya application provided through any Third Party Website – we may receive Information, including Personally Identifying Information, from such Third Party Websites, including, but not limited to:
- Nickname or username
- Photo or graphic avatar
- Unique Third Party website identifier (e.g., Facebook User ID)
- Biographical or demographic information (e.g. professional title, gender, college attended, etc.)
- Likes and interests
Any information that is publicly available on Third Party websites
In addition, BloggerKenya offers “plugins” and “widgets” from various Third Party Websites that allow you to share BloggerKenya content off of our service.
Your decision to use, or share with, a Third Party Website when accessing or using Blogger Kenya products and services is completely voluntary. BloggerKenya is not responsible for compliance with the policies or practices of any Third Party Website. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information such Third Party Websites may make available to am BloggerKenya by reviewing those Websites’ privacy policies and service terms, and by modifying your privacy settings and preferences on those Services.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide BloggerKenya products and services
- Fulfill your requests
- Communicate with you
- Improve our products and services
- Develop new services or products
- Personalize and tailor your experience on BloggerKenya
- Operate our business
- Understand how users are engaging with BloggerKenya
- Protect BloggerKenya users, or others. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm BloggerKenya, users, or others.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you for communication purposes
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- To administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing would not harm your interests; and
- There would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners.
- Hostpinnacle LTD
Connected Third Parties:
- Google Analytics
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it including for business or commercial purposes.
At times, we may not be available to provide marketing services for you so we have established relationships with companies who may be able to better serve your marketing needs.
To opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org ke.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).
We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Stored data is encrypted when possible.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not intend to collect, knowingly collect, sell, or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18.
We do not target children with our services. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features.
If you believe that a child under the age of 18 may have provided us Personal Data online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the modification of your privacy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.